Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Most Important Thing We Have To Do Before Its Too Late

Margaret and I with the pastors of a new
church in a Leper Colony
This poem from an unknown author has been a reminder to me that of all the things we should be doing while we sojourn here on earth nothing is more important than winning people to Christ.


Specifically, as we have been emphasizing in the last few posts, each of us has 6-15 people supernaturally and strategically placed in our lives by the Lord of the harvest and that place is called our "oikos" or our world. These are the folks that will hear and see the gospel though us, You or I may not always be the final link in that chain of events and encounters that finally brings a person to Christ but we must by what we do and say be the missing link for them at this time. Doing nothing if we believe in the value and benefits of being a Christian and the reality of hell is not an option. 
There is a video widely distributed on the internet that I am including in this post by Penn from Penn and Teller of Las Vegas show fame. He makes the point better than I ever could that if we really believe there is a hell and we don't tell the persons around us we really are expressing hate. We would never tell our friends to "go to hell" but our failure to tell them the good news has the same effect.


      A LETTER FROM HELL

My friend, I stand in Judgment now
And feel that you're to blame somehow.
While on this earth I walked you day by day,
And never did you point the way.

You knew the Lord in truth and Glory,
But, never did you ever tell the story,
My knowledge then was very dim,
You could lead me safe to him.

Though we lived-together here on earth,
You never told me of your second birth,
And now I stand this day condemned,
Because you failed to mention Him.
You taught me many things, that's true,
I called you Friend and trusted you.
But I learned, now that it's too late,
You could have kept me from this fate.
We walked by day and talked by night,
And yet you showed me not the light.
And you let me live, love, and die,
And all the while you know I'd never live on high,
Yes, I called you friend in life,
And trusted you in joy and strife.
And yet in coming to this end,
I see you really weren't my friend.

SCRIPTURE: Mat 28:18-20; Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8;  Romans 10:14, 15

As Ezekiel said God is looking for people to "stand in the gap," and the question to you and me is "Will I stand in the gap for those that God has brought into my world?"

Dr. Dale Salico, Dr. Larry Richards
and myself. These friends have been
instrumental in launching our
new Seminary


































































Charles Spurgeon put it this way; "If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies. And if they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees, imploring them to stay.
If hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions and let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for.



Dear Lord of the Harvest; Grant that we, your children and ambassadors may be found faithful, so that on that great resurrection day we will not enter heaven alone but bring with us those you have used us to reach. 
May your heart of compassion for the lost sheep of your pasture be burned deeply in our being so that we, each day, will be found faithful, May it be so for Your glory, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment