When Dr. Samuel Kim a friend for almost 20 years asked me to work with him to help train leaders who can impact their worlds for Christ the big question was how. Dr. Kim who founded CSCU in 1972 gave his blessing to do whatever was necessary to find a way to make a difference and impact the world with the gospel. His prayerful support, encouragement gave us the impetus to do what ever it takes. His vision and positive attitude was the cornerstone that gave the the process legs.
- Most leadership failures arise out of flaws in character not competence. Effective leaders understand how to practice the spiritual disciplines and recognize the work that God is doing in them as well as through them.
- Training that has its roots in the local church have the ability to shape the leaders knowledge and behavior. Traditional seminaries have often forgotten their roots are in the local church which has been given the primary task of reaching the world with the gospel.
- Practitioners rather than theoreticians make the best teachers as they integrate the what with the how
- Missional training needs to be required as most pastor/leaders have never been trained in the principles of practice of how to grow a church especially grow it by conversion growth
- Those who finish well have had Godly mentors in their lives.